Recently we talked about how to upload video to youtube using your mobile phone. Now do you have a computer and you have a video you would want to upload to YouTube and you don’t know how to go about it? Then this article is basically for you. Therefore, sit back relax while I put you through the steps to which you can be able to do that. Kindly follow the following steps to put your video online and start seeing strangers, family, and friends viewing your videos within a twinkle of an eye.
Transfer your video from your camera to your phone:
After editing your video in a way that you would like it. However, before you start uploading your video on YouTube, ensure that your videos are been converted into file format that is acceptable by YouTube. Below are the formats acceptable by YouTube
- 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project)
- .MP4 (Motion Picture Experts Group Part 14)
- .AVI (Audio Video Interleaved)
- .MOV (QuickTime Movie)
- .M4V (h.264)
- .MPEG or .MPG (Motion Picture Experts Group)
- .FLV (Adobe Flash)
- WMV (Windows Media Video)
- WEBM (HTML5)
A lot of websites can actually help you convert your videos online into variety formats for free.
Sign into your YouTube account:
Log into your account in relation with the channel you wish to upload the video to. This is because each and every channel has its own video attached to it.
On top of the homepage, Click on the Upload button:
Go to the right of the search bar that is where the upload button is located.
Select your video file:
You can now choose your video file. Click on the “select files to upload” button to open the file browser.
Look for the file that you wish to add
Drag and drop the video or videos into the square in the web browser window
Click on the Open button:
For an unverified account, your upload is limited to 15 minutes. If you want to upload a longer video, you will be required to verify your account through text message. The verify link is located at the upload page.
- Upload directly from your webcam or upload a pre-existing video. But make sure you preview the recording before you upload.
- Open the file the video will automatically begin to upload. Go to the next page to enter your video information.
Enter the video details:
Here you are to fill in your required information, which includes the video title, the video description, and different tags that you would want to add.
- Add a description to your video to enable your viewers to know and learn more about what your video is all about. It will display at the bottom of the video. A good description to your video will make your video stand out.
- Add Tags to enable other YouTube users to see your video by linking common words associated with the video you are uploading. (Example. The dancing palm tree has a tag of “dancing,” and “palm tree”, )
- Annotation will enable to add notes of pauses to the video that you may have forgotten to put in. your viewers will be able to see your additional information about your channel without even reading the description.
Choose privacy settings:
Select your privacy setting choose public, unlisted, or private videos. Unlisted videos are only accessible to people who know the video link. Public videos mean that the video can be searched and viewed by anyone while designated viewers can only view private video. You should know that the users can only access video if they have a Google account
Share your video:
Now you can share your video via social networks like Google+, Facebook or twitter if you want. You can as well send links to your friends. Boxes of each share you would want to is right on the page.
Choose to monetize your video:
On this stage, if you want to monetize your video you will have to click on the Monetize box to place ads on your video.
Related: How to create a YouTube account
Advanced settings Adjustment:
You can click on the advanced tab and review the options, which will give you the opportunity to choose to disable comments, disable video response, change rights ownership, and also notify your subscribers.
At this stage, your details such as your title, description etc will be saved when your video complete uploading. If your bar fills, congratulations! You have posted a video on YouTube.